I’m gay. It’s your day. Done your way.
Hi – my name’s Bronte Price and I’m a civil marriage celebrant. I’m also gay and a long-term active advocate for marriage equality – check out more about that in the About section of my website.
A few things that differentiate me from other celebrants:
- My understanding of same sex weddings. I am the first celebrant in Australia to complete the Certificate in Gay and Lesbian Weddings conducted by the US Gay Wedding Institute. I understand the potential differences between straight and gay weddings and can talk to couples in detail about them.
- As a gay celebrant, I walk the talk. I deeply understand couples from the LGBTI community – in fact, I am a Weducator. I train straight wedding suppliers about how to work effectively and respectfully with same sex couples.
- I pride myself on my high level of service. From the first time I meet with you until I present you to your guests at the end of your wedding ceremony, I’ll do whatever’s needed, to draft and deliver a cracker ceremony that’s memorable for all the right reasons.
- My availability – as a full-time celebrant, I’m likely to have more time available to meet with you as often as we need to, when you’re free, and to work on your ceremony, to make it perfect.
- My strong writing and speaking skills – my career as a senior public servant and a former English teacher has ensured I have really advanced writing and public speaking skills. Having been a senior public servant for almost 20 years means that you can be confident that I’ll keep calm under pressure, if needed, on your wedding day.
- My flair – I use the pizzazz I gained as a former drama teacher in delivering your ceremony, making best use of the wedding space and ensuring your ceremony is interesting to look at, for your guests.
- I’m based in Pascoe Vale but I travel all over Melbourne and regional Victoria, as well as interstate, to plan and deliver ceremonies.
If you’re gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or an intersex person and are considering a ceremony, that’s where I come in! Let’s work together to create a ceremony that’s authentic, personal and unique. Then I’ll officiate at your ceremony at any location, at any time, on any day of the year, subject to my availability. If you like, I’ll happily work alongside a spiritual leader from your faith whom you’d like to be involved.